Re: [Gtranslator-devel] Dir mess (testing Semerkent capabilities) and some thoughts...

>What I want to do is:
>
>      * Move the Preferences under "_Edit"
>      * Create a new main menu "_View" where the current Colorschemes
>        list would be moved to and:
>      * A new toggle item "_Show comment pane" or similar in this
>        _View-menu.
>      * Rename the "_Message" menu to "_Go"
>      * Move the Toggling points of "Mess_age status" to the "_Edit"
>        menu (would create a new submenu "Message status")

There is only one menu item in "Message status" menu -- "Fuzzy". it does not need to be a submenu. "Translated" checkmenuitem does not make any sense, because nothing can happen if you click on unchecked menu item -- the message does not translate; and if you click on checked menu item -- does translation clear? f so, then this is the same as Erase all.

>This would be thr HIG-points, another point for me is, to decide what
>should go into the main view: currently we've got 2 views on the
>comments, the comment pane and the "Comment" column in the table. I
>would like to remove the "Comment", "Line" and "Number" columns from the
>table as this information is already printer in the status bar and/or in
>the comment pane.
>
>I would not find it intuitive to show the same information twice in the
>main window - what do you think about all this?!

All information which is show in other parts of UI is duplicated in messages table, and messages table needs enormous size to fit all information it has now. I don't see a point of it.

However, UI of POEdit is quite comfortable:

+-------------------------------+
| Original 1    | Translation 1 |
| Original 2    | Translation 2 |
| Original 3    | Translation 3 |
+-------------------------------+
| Original 1 with full text     |
| with several lines etc.       |
|                               |
+-------------------------------+
| Translation 1 with full text  |
| with several lines etc.       |
|                               |

It is different from gtranslator in placement of the table -- it is above splitted textboxes for translation, not on the side. Messages are grouped by their translation status and displayed in different background color (in table).

I do not suggest to go this way, just an idea to think about. Maybe put everything in docks to let user rearrange like in anjuta2 or Eclipse...

Gediminas
Gediminas Paulauskas
Lithuania
Kalediniai sveikinimai SMS zinute - siusk KALEDOS numeriu 1325. Jei
siunti draugui, po zodzio KALEDOS nurodyk jo mob. telefono numeri.
Zinutes kaina 1 Lt.  http://sms.delfi.lt/