Re: [Gtranslator-devel] [Fwd: Re: Syntax now fast!]

Fatih Demir wrote:

/There might be some features broken, I tryed to avoid that but never/// /know...///
/So, between have been some changes made by others, my patch is still based/// /on ver 39 not 39.1.///

Ok, nice, but there are 2 things which should be said:

   1. We're currently discussins some of the options, features,
      interface of gtranslator (Gediminas and me to be honest), so any
      patches going in now could be a loss..
   2. You should _really_ try to keep up with current CVS -- this would
      really easify your, my and everyone's life.... Development by
      tarball/CVS sources distinction is really hard to do..

I applied a patch smoothly -- so it could be integrated easily into CVS. I get crashes and warnings quite a lot, but it should be easy fix (if pos != 0 or similar ;))

But the patch is quite big, I did't read all of it and understand. There are not everything good, i.e. You have commented some stuff, and added a new line -- it should be just replaced. Also, if it's just a rename gtranslator_insert_text -> gtr_insert_text, then it's pointless, because someone will rename to gtranslator back anyway ;)

In general I feel that's the same idea I wanted to do about syntax highlighting, but did not succeed. It's nice to have it written already and just test instead of thinking & writing ;)

I did also partly integrate some parts of your patch already in CVS HEAD (the dialog patch part en detail).

I wanted to look at syntax highlighting myself and commit only then.
Or... Fatih, do you want to do everything yourself?

--
Gediminas