https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtkmm/-/blob/gtkmm-3-24/demos/gtk-demo/example_menus.cc
The demo program uses Gtk::RadioMenuItem.

If you want to simplify the future upgrade of your program from gtkmm3 to gtkmm4, I recommend that you look at the tutorial example in the first place. It does not use Gtk::RadioMenuItem. There are no specialized radio button classes or radio menu item classes in gtkmm4. (It's still possible to make GUIs with radio buttons and radio menu items.)

On 2020-10-06 15:47, Carlo Wood wrote:
I have another problem with the same popup menu: I need certain menu
entries to be radio actions (that is, only one can be selected at
a time, but there are multiple such groups in the single popup menu).

For example, I have:

Gtk::RadioAction::Group group_to_move;
m_refToMoveWhite_action = Gtk::RadioAction::create(group_to_move, "ToMoveWhite", "White to play");
m_refToMoveBlack_action = Gtk::RadioAction::create(group_to_move, "ToMoveBlack", "Black to play");

where the menu is read from a .glade file with Gtk::Builder, containing:

    <child>
      <object class="GtkRadioMenuItem" id="ToMoveWhite">
        <property name="visible">True</property>
        <property name="can_focus">False</property>
        <property name="action_name">PlacepieceMenu.ToMoveWhite</property>
        <property name="label" translatable="yes">White to play</property>
        <property name="use_underline">True</property>
        <property name="draw_as_radio">True</property>
      </object>
    </child>
    <child>
      <object class="GtkRadioMenuItem" id="ToMoveBlack">
        <property name="visible">True</property>
        <property name="can_focus">False</property>
        <property name="action_name">PlacepieceMenu.ToMoveBlack</property>
        <property name="label" translatable="yes">Black to play</property>
        <property name="use_underline">True</property>
        <property name="draw_as_radio">True</property>
      </object>
    </child>

Now I want a function to be called when I click these entries.

In the 2.4 code I had something like:

    m_refActionGroup->add_action(m_refToMoveWhite_action, sigc::mem_fun(*this, &ChessPositionWidget::on_menu_to_move_white));
    m_refActionGroup->add_action(m_refToMoveBlack_action, sigc::mem_fun(*this, &ChessPositionWidget::on_menu_to_move_black));

But that doesn't compile anymore. Because so many things got deprecated, the types of many variables
had to change and now I can't combine them anymore :/.

Ie, m_refActionGroup now has the type:

    Glib::RefPtr<Gio::SimpleActionGroup> m_refActionGroup;

maybe that has to be Glib::RefPtr<Gio::ActionGroup> before I can add both Gio::SimpleAction's
and Gtk::RadioAction to it? The latter isn't derived from Gio:Action either though :/.

I am totally stuck on this. Also cannot find any example that shows how to do this.

I am just very confused about how all this is supposed to work. Before it seemed like that
if I wanted to make a big pop-up menu then EVERY entry in the menu had to be an action
and well all of the same group (that was using Gtk::UIManager). Now I'm using Gio::Action
and Gtk::Builder instead and I have no idea how to make it working again.

Carlo Wood