Re: Cannot `dynamic_cast` custom wrapped widget from Gtk::Builder

> Did you miss an asterisk in that declaration? get_widget() wants a pointer as argument.

I did miss an asterix. Apologies for the transcription error.

> Does it change if you construct a dummy instance before building, instead of just calling get_type() ?

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried this in `main()` but it does not change the outcome. I still see `dynamic_cast<> failed` on stderr and the pointer is nullptr.
~~~
   Gtk::PanZoomArea _ignoreme{};
  (void)_ignoreme;

~~~

Does it change if you construct a dummy instance before building, instead of just calling get_type() ?