Re: Unable to set background color for button

On Wed, 4 Mar 2020, 18:35 Klaus Rudolph, <lts-rudolph gmx de> wrote:

> see C GTK docs for CSS node/class info. i can't recall whether gtkmm's
> doc conversion preserves that section.

Can you point me to the docs? I searched a lot but did not find it.

just search for the C class name, e.g. GtkButton

https://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/stable/GtkButton.html

Thanks for the hint of "first unset..." . Is unsetting image done also
with css or is that a method call?

in CSS. either add a line

background-image: none

or use the shorthand background: instead of background-color: as that will achieve the same effect