Re: Please help (core dump)

On Sun, 26 Jul 2020 20:22:43 +0100
Daniel Boles via gtkmm-list <gtkmm-list gnome org> wrote:

On Sun, 26 Jul 2020, 20:21 Carlo Wood, <carlo alinoe com> wrote:

I'm not sure what you mean with doing

LinuxChessboardWidget(......) : Glib::ObjectBase("myWidgetClass")

since Glib::ObjectBase is a base class of Gio::ActionMap,
I can't call that from LinuxChessboardWidget no?

yes, you can: research "virtual base classes"

I don't have to research that :p. I realized that this is possible
when Glib::ObjectBase is a virtual base class; that is why I looked
on https://developer.gnome.org/glibmm/stable/classGio_1_1ActionMap.html

and since there I saw no indication whatsoever that ObjectBase would
be a virtual base class, I concluded it wasn't :/.

I hope my other questions can be answered too, since Kjell said
that deriving from Gio::ActionMap was very unusual and apparently
not the route I should take.

Is there an example somewhere that shows how I can combine the
`void on_menu_mode_*()` member functions of a widget that is not
derived (indirectly) from Gio::ActionMap to the menu of the window
that this widgets belongs to?

Thanks,
Carlo Wood