Re: Please help

Hi all,

On 7/23/20 2:00 PM, Carlo Wood <carlo alinoe com> wrote:
On Wed, 22 Jul 2020 16:27:33 +0200
Kjell Ahlstedt <kjellahlstedt gmail com> wrote:

There are lots of working example programs at
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtkmm-documentation/-/tree/gtkmm-3-24/examples

See e.g.
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtkmm-documentation/-/tree/gtkmm-3-24/examples/book/menus/main_menu
and
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtkmm-documentation/-/tree/gtkmm-3-24/examples/book/menus_and_toolbars
Ah yes, thank you - with this as example (that I had found before)
I managed to get something working.

Still struggling though to get what I really want (icons in my menu,
separators, radio actions in the menu - a toolbar - ...).

Let's start by an empty window built with CMake:

https://www.gnuinos.org/Gtkmm%20Examples/Example_1/

The second example adds the first part of you purposed menu bar, including the Open, Save and Close options.

https://www.gnuinos.org/Gtkmm%20Examples/Example_2/

Here you are a screenshot:

https://www.gnuinos.org/Gtkmm%20Examples/Example_2/screenshot.png

The gtk folder in the examples above will store all the widgets splitted in several classes. On the other hand,

the CMakeFile.txt located in this folder will look for all the existent *.cpp files at every change

including all the sources in the shared library afterwards; so, we won't take care of the CMake configuration anymore.

In the next examples i'll explain how to add an icon factory for your custom stock icons and how to add the toolbar to

the project. They'll be uploaded to the following link:

https://www.gnuinos.org/Gtkmm%20Examples/

Hope this helps,

Aitor.