Re: Drawing a widget as a drag icon (without going down to C)

On 6/23/19 4:40 PM, Daniel Boles via gtkmm-list wrote:

Yeah, it doesn't seem like it's 'protecting' anything by not being usable publicly. Can the access specifier perhaps be changed in a future stable release, or is that too much?

I suppose the access specifier can be changed from protected to public in gtkmm 3.26. That would not break anything, just add API. Access specifiers don't affect mangled method names, as far as I know. I see no reason why they should.