Re: Cross-coupling comboboxes

This is implemented by calling the set_active with the
result of get_active_row_number.

Because the content of those combo boxes has got rather voluminous, I
now want to convert them to hierarchical. So the ...Text version is no
good and I'm using a ComboBox with a TreeStore behind it. The row number
obviously no longer works, so...

I don't know if GTK+ 2 had these, but as of GTK 3, I would look into property :active or :active-id (ensuring rows have values for those of course). You could continue syncing them manually, if you need or simply want to, or alternatively you could automate it via GLib's bind_property().