how to make comboboxes not to respond to mouse wheel up and down

Hello,
I would like to make combobox not to respond to mouse wheel up and down. It should not make a new element active and should not produce any signal_changed.
I succeeded to do so for spinbuttons, but I was not able to do it for comboboxes.

Here is it what I did so far for spinbuttons:
Gdk::EventMask mask = spinbutton->get_events();
mask &= ~Gdk::EventMask::SCROLL_MASK;
spinbutton->set_events(mask);

But removing such event masks for comboboxes does not help.
Do anyone has any clue about this ?

Thanks in advance.