Re: Dead links to documentation

On 2018-11-14 13:18, Kjell Ahlstedt wrote:
On 2018-11-13 19:46, Kasper Peeters wrote:
This has been a known problem for more than a year. The program that
publishes reference documentation for released modules at
https://developer.gnome.org/<module-name>/<version> is not compatible
with new versions of Doxygen.
Does anyone know who is in charge of this? Not having documentation
for large parts of gnome online is a sure way to lose users. I'm happy
to help, but I don't even know whom to contact (have posted to
gnome-web-list gnome org as well but no response so far).

Cheers,
Kasper

I see now that the issue that I linked to in my previous post has been moved to
https://gitlab.gnome.org/Infrastructure/library-web/issues/12

Infrastructure/library-web is probably the right place to start looking, especially the library-web/src/modtypes/htmlfiles.py file. I think that's where our Doxygen-generated html files are transformed to what's shown at developer.gnome.org. The htmlfiles.py file was last updated in February 2014. Many recent commits to library-web have been done by Frédéric Péters <fpeters 0d be>.

/Kjell

Kasper, have you tried to find anyone that can fix the missing documentation? Or have you tried to look into library-web yourself? It would certainly be fine to have this problem fixed. I feel that I'm not the right person to fix it. I've tested some local fixes in library-web, as I've said in a comment and an attached patch in library-web issue #12. Probably data/xslt/html2html.xsl and data/skin/doxygen.css need some patching. I know very little about these types of files.

If this is not fixed, I suppose we will have to use an old version of Doxygen when we generate documentation for tarballs. It's unfortunate that library-web depends so much on the exact structure of the html files that Doxygen generates.

/Kjell