Re: Gtk::Builder and item id

On Dienstag, 7. November 2017 15:42:09 CET Daniel Boles wrote:
Perhaps the confusion is the chosen numbering for the GTK+ 4 development
branch, which is currently being prereleased with version numbers of 3.9x.

That was exactly the cause! I was downloading all source files manually
(including all dependencies) from Gnome sources, which was exactly this
one:

        http://ftp.acc.umu.se/pub/GNOME/teams/releng/3.26.1/gnome-suites-core-deps-3.26.1.modules

And from there I saw no indication, neither that this was the new Gtk4 branch,
nor that it is (as far as I can see it now) completely unusable yet.

I had to download the tarballs manually because I decided to package all
libraries altogether (currently 25 libraries) as an Xcode framework, which
nobody had done before it seems. That allows you to simply drag that framework
into an gtkmm application project, and the entire chain of gtk(mm) libraries
compiles entirely from source in just 2 minutes, and if there is a bug in one
of the libraries, you can fix them within seconds, plus other advantages.

Yes, 3.22 is the LTS version of GTK+ 3, i.e. the current stable version,
and the last minor release within that.

See
https://blog.gtk.org/2016/09/01/versioning-and-long-term-stability-promise-i
n-gtk/