Re: Gtk::Builder and item id

Den 2017-11-07 kl. 00:07, skrev Christian Schoenebeck:

But I guess I have to move this issue over to the Gtk+ list.
Yes, that's a good idea.
However I wonder if I am really the first one encountering this issue. I mean
it should be quite common to retrieve menu items at runtime. Or does that mean
other people are using a different approach by assembling menus with

	<object class="GtkMenuItem" id="foo">

format instead?
The gtk+ demos at https://git.gnome.org/browse/gtk+/tree/demos/gtk-demo contains the menus.ui file with <item> elements without ids, and the demo.ui file with elements such as
  <object class="GtkMenuItem" id="open_item">

I don't know if that's how it's supposed to be, i.e. if you have to use GtkMenuItem when you want to get a pointer
to the menu item from the GtkBuilder.
CU
Christian