Re: M4-converting gsize to std::size_t

On Mon, 2017-05-29 at 19:22 +0100, Daniel Boles wrote:
On 29 May 2017 at 15:32, Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> wrote:
On Fri, 2017-05-26 at 22:11 +0100, Daniel Boles wrote:
There are a few uses of the GLib typedef gsize in glibmm et al.

I presume it would be safe to provide an M4 conversion from this
std::size_t? Do you think that would be good? To me, it seems
nicer
to use the C++ standard type.

Yes, that sounds good. Thanks.

Thanks for the confirmation. Does the same apply to other g* types,
both the generic ones (guchar, guint, etc.) and the specific-width
ones (guint8 to std::uint8_t, etc.) ?

Personally, I like the brevity of guint compared to unsigned int, or
even std::uint32_t. But I could maybe be persuaded.

Replacing guint8 with std::uint8_t sounds reasonable, though I doubt
there are many of the min the API anyway.

I guess we could replace many of the 'guchar's with std::byte in C++17.