Re: How to produce a 'New Line' in GtkTextView ?

I suspect this not being parsed as an escape sequence for a newline is to do to with Glib::ustring (and perhaps the underlying C GLib methods) using Unicode, and not parsing that sequence as an escape in a Unicode context. This speculation is mostly based onĀ http://stackoverflow.com/questions/22895212/display-string-with-newline-characters-in-gtktextview

Also fwiw, I found some indications that C++ raw string literals would work, if you type actual line breaks in them. I don't know whether this is the ideal solution, either on a language level or for you personally, but seems worth mentioning.