Re: Is Meson on the horizon?

On Fri, 2017-07-28 at 08:49 +0200, Murray Cumming wrote:

[…]
I have not looked at meson yet. I don't know what support would be
needed.

Personally I find Autotools a disaster, and Meson extremely acceptable.

I guess someone should try to create a hello world project with meson
and gtkmm.

Works fine. One shouldn't expect any problems and there aren't any.

(This is a real project or three, not just Hello World.)

The gtkmm project mayhap wants to switch to build with Meson instead of
Autotools.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200   voip: sip:russel winder ekiga net