Re: Supporting C++17

On Tue, 04 Apr 2017 18:13:46 +0200
Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> wrote:
On Tue, 2017-04-04 at 15:09 +0100, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
On 4 April 2017 at 14:52, Murray Cumming wrote:
Any ideas about how we should support C++17 in gtkmm-3.0 without
losing
C++11/14 compatibility and without breaking ABI?

Replace all dynamic exception specifications with noexcept(false)
(or just no exception specification). That's not an ABI change.

That's great to know. I'll take care of that then.

I would check that.  It didn't affect ABI in C++11/14, but I am not so
sure about C++17.  According to
http://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/language/noexcept_spec,
in C++17 "The noexcept-specification is a part of the function type and
may appear as part of any function declarator."  If it is part of the
type then it might feature in name mangling, so this is worth checking
with the compiler writers.