Getting indexes of row's children in treeview

Hi

I have been trying to get the index value of rows in a treeview. I did it using:

path = _tree.get_model()->get_path(iter);
int i = atoi(path.to_string().c_str());

This works well by storing selected row's index in 'i'. Next I have
children in these rows and I wish to get the index of the child of a
row selected.

And I came across: http://scentric.net/tutorial/sec-treemodel-rowref.html
How the indexes are assigned at different depths in a treeview is
well-explained at this link in the beginning only.

Obtaining these indexes in the form "0:1" etc has been an issue for
me. How can this be done? Are there any alternatives to get indexes of
children of rows?

Thanks in advance.

--
Kamalpreet Kaur Grewal