Re: gmmproc parsing problem in cluttermm

Thanks Kjell.

Ian.

On 12/01/16 03:18, Kjell Ahlstedt wrote:
Den 2016-01-11 kl. 12:16, skrev Kjell Ahlstedt:
Den 2016-01-08 kl. 00:06, skrev Ian Martin:
Hi,
I've finally got some time to relook at the cluttermm bindings again. I have a problem with regenerating the defs files that I think is probably due to some funky code in clutter: the clutter API uses inheritance in the C code, but in a very C sort of way. For example, this creates a new ClutterBindConstraint, but returns a ClutterConstraint * :

ClutterConstraint * clutter_bind_constraint_new (ClutterActor *source,
ClutterBindCoordinate  coordinate,
gfloat                 offset);

which I think is why when h2def.py parses the code all the ClutterBindConstraint methods are parsed as ( global ) functions, not methods.

I'm OK with having to manually go through the defs file and correct it all, but would like to know first that I'm not missing something?

Ian
I tested to generate cluttermm/clutter/src/clutter_methods.defs. Something in clutter-bind-constraint.h confuses h2def.py. Most of what's generated from that file is wrong. Hopefully h2def.py can be fixed, so it can handle all clutter files. I'll see what I can do. Manually fixing the .defs file should be a last resort.

Kjell
Fixed with this glibmm patch:
https://git.gnome.org/browse/glibmm/commit/?id=379d93938569d8a63dfe7c6c7304a7738eb10aeb

Kjell