Re: C++14 (fwd)

Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> schrieb am 7. Juli 2016

Our current stable versions require C++11. Does anybody object to us requiring C++14 for the current unstable versions, [...]

Christoph Brill wrote:

I'm all for latest C++ changes. g++ supports it, clang supports it.
That's all compilers relevant to me.

Murray Cumming wrote:

Actually, I don't see a real need for it, so I don't have a good reason
to require C++14 (instead of C++11) just yet.

I agree in being against such an extra requirement unless there are really good reasons. I guess there are loads of people clinging to old versions of compilers and even operating systems. People who cannot upgrade due to a customer requirement or because e.g. Windows Vista doesn't support something or other. It is a major bother to all of them to change basic requirements.

Mark