Cannot Initialize GValue with type 'gfloat'

I am using gstreamermm to decode a message sent from an element in my pipeline:

void SpectrumAnalyzer::decode_spectrum(const RefPtr<Message> &message)
{
    Gst::Structure s = message->get_structure();
    Gst::ValueList mags;
    Glib::Value<float> mag;
    s.get_field("magnitude", mags);

    for (int i = 0; i < bands; i++)
    {
        mags.get(i, mag);
    }
}

When I run this code, everytime 'mags.get(i, mag);' is called it says:

Glib-GObject-WARNING **: /file/path/gvalue.c:181: cannot initialize GValue with type 'gfloat', the value has already been initialized as 'gfloat'

I know it's only a warning, but I would still like to know what it means. Is anyone familiar with this?

Thanks!