Re: Compiling on Windows...At ALL

On 11/03/2015 11:25 PM, Marcus Karlsson wrote:
On Tue, Nov 03, 2015 at 08:11:08PM -0800, Jason C. McDonald wrote:
I have used Windows XP 32-bit, Windows 7 32-bit, and Windows 7 64-bit. I
have tried MSYS, MSYS2, MinGW, TDM-GCC (Code::Blocks on both). I have
built gtkmm and dependencies from scratch on MSYS following two
different tutorials, and neither worked. I installed them on MSYS2 using
the official method, and then manually built the entire program, only to
get a 0xc000007b error when I tried to run the executable.
I looked around the web and the 0xc000007b error appears to often come
from mixing 32 bit and 64 bit code. I believe MSYS2 provides both 32 bit
and 64 bit versions. Could it be that the application used the wrong
version of the libraries?

MSYS2 has worked fine for me in the past so I would recommend looking
further down that path.

              MArcus

Sorry, I forgot to ask...what flags do you usually use to compile? I
know to use --std=c++11, as well as -Wall and -g as needed, but I don't
know if there are any others that are vital to building in this
situation. (And, again, virtually no documentation on the subject).