Compiling on Windows...At ALL

Hello all,

I have been trying for six months to get a gtkmm 3.0/glibmm-2.4 C++ application built. It works just fine on Linux, and compiles properly there. However, I have tried all manner of methods for compiling on Windows.

I have used Windows XP 32-bit, Windows 7 32-bit, and Windows 7 64-bit. I have tried MSYS, MSYS2, MinGW, TDM-GCC (Code::Blocks on both). I have built gtkmm and dependencies from scratch on MSYS following two different tutorials, and neither worked. I installed them on MSYS2 using the official method, and then manually built the entire program, only to get a 0xc000007b error when I tried to run the executable.

I have also tried to cross-compile build on Ubuntu, but I cannot get the undocumented settings for pkg-config and heaven knows what else just so right it will stop giving "undefined reference" errors from gtkmm/glibmm.

This is probably the most non-obvious, non-trivial thing I've ever had to do on a computer, and I've built a computer language before. It should not take six months to compile working code.

I seriously need either A) a proper installer for gtkmm 3.0 and dependencies (including glibmm 2.4), so I can simply build through Code::Blocks and MinGW or TDM-GCC, or B) a step-by-step instruction manual that walks me through the entire process of building for Windows, point A to point Z, either on Ubuntu (64-bit) or Windows 7 (64-bit). The problem here is 100% on the gtkmm project, and its complete lack of documentation for something that is allegedly encouraged.

Apologies if I sound a little short. Imagine building an overdue project for six months, and I think you'll understand where I'm at. Thanks in advance for your help.

-Jason