Re: Using C++11

Am 30.06.2015 um 13:44 schrieb Murray Cumming:
On Tue, 2015-06-30 at 12:16 +0100, Chris Vine wrote:
On Tue, 30 Jun 2015 12:06:46 +0200
Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> wrote:
I would guess that it is because fedora is a fast moving distribution
and they like to press ahead with what everyone will be doing in a few
years' time.
[snip]

Debian seem to be at the same stage in the decision (maybe together) as
Ubuntu:
https://wiki.debian.org/GCC5
That also mentions that OpenSuse will do what Fedora is doing - breaking
ABI.

Just for the record: Arch Linux already has gcc5, but with the old ABI
as default. A complete rebuild of all packages with the new ABI is
planned in the near future, but there were some bugs preventing this
from happening the last time I checked, I don't know how many there
still are as of now.