Re: Using C++11

On Mon, 2015-06-29 at 14:16 +0100, Chris Vine wrote:
On Mon, 29 Jun 2015 14:22:27 +0200
Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> wrote:
(Sorry, I'm trying to keep this very simple.)

I don't know if Firefox depends on any other C++11 libraries so it
might not be the example I'm looking for.

Another for-instance question:
Ubuntu 15.04 (Vidid Vervet), which I'm running here, has g++ 4.9.2 and
its glibmm/gtkmm are built without --std=c++11. If SomeAppOrOther
depended on gtkmm as it is now, could its Ubuntu package be safely
built with or without --std=c++11?

SomeOtherApp (an appliction using gtkmm) _should_ be able to be safely
built with or without the -std=c++11 flag,
[snip]

Thanks. I'm trying to investigate the various things that might happen
of several questions.