Gtkmm

Hello all, good Morning.
I am IT student and am learning c++ and gtkmm, but what I'm analyzing is necessary to use other libraries as libsigc ++ and others.
I would ask for your help because I'm a little lost.
What should I learn first?
Is there any book or tutorial in addition to the documentation that explains how to use all these tools, including data abstraction of the (BD)?
I'm really enjoying the c ++ and gtkmm. When in a good level of knowledge, I intend to collaborate with gtkmm and perhaps other libraries.
Note: I am Brazilian and written by google translator.
Sorry if there is something wrong with the translation.