Aw: Re: combo box in dialog did not work, not mouse selctable, lots of Gdk-CRITICAL messages on console output

Gesendet: Mittwoch, 18. Februar 2015 um 20:02 Uhr
Von: "Jonas Platte" <jonasplatte gmail com>
An: "Klaus Rudolph" <lts-rudolph gmx de>
Cc: gtkmm-list gnome org
Betreff: Re: combo box in dialog did not work, not mouse selctable, lots of Gdk-CRITICAL messages on
console output

It might be that
the way you run the dialog is not how one should do that, but I haven't
written any programs using gtkmm in some time and don't know whether I
ever did Dialogs it in a different way.

Can you give a short code snipped of running a dialog in a different way. Maybe this can be a start point for
me. I actually have no idea what I did wrong in my code :-(

* Bear in mind that Gtk::Stock is deprecated, especially if you're
writing new code

Thanks for that hint! How can I replace that? Which is the new "modern" way to use default buttons?
In general: Is there a page of changes and deprecated functions and recommendations for the replacement?

I don't know if something like that was set up by now, but the gtk-devel
mailing list thread about this topic should hold enough information
about this specific deprecation:

https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2013-July/msg00000.html

I have searched a lot on the net and found some docs and tables. But I tried a lot of code examples and
really non of theme were working!
Simply replacing Stock::OK with "_OK" will not work. And this is the solution I find so often. I hope that
Gtk::Stock will be removed sometimes and all users starts crying. Im in hope that there will come some docu
on that problem :-(

Regards
 Klaus