Re: combo box in dialog did not work, not mouse selctable, lots of Gdk-CRITICAL messages on console output

From: "Jonas Platte" <jonasplatte gmail com>
To: gtkmm-list gnome org
 Re: combo box in dialog did not work, not mouse selctable, lots of Gdk-CRITICAL messages on console output

Well, first of all: Your code runs perfectly for me. I compiled it with:

      g++ main.cpp `pkg-config --cflags --libs gtkmm-3.0` -std=c++11

Which platform do you run on, and could it be that you don't use the
default Gtk+ theme you had there in the beginning? IIRC I had similar
problems with outdated Gtk+ themes (that were made for older Gtk+ versions).

Good hint! I run under kde environment. With a gnome desktop it works as expected :-) But is there a way to
fix this problem so that the program runs under other desktops/wm also? I run on a fedora 21 with quite new
gnome and kde installed. It is no problem to switch there between gnome and kde but other users have maybe
only kde or some other desktop/wm. Any idea how to dig in the details of that problem?

Also, just some quick notes about the code from your email:

* Please don't use non-english identifiers. I would say in any code you
write, but just following this for situations in which you communicate
with people whose common language is English, like on this mailing list,
that would be an improvement.

Sorry for that! The source I send was the result of a long code shrink from my bigger application. So I did a
lot of test code simplifications and modifications. So I "spend" some german expressions under a bit of time
pressure there :-)

* Bear in mind that Gtk::Stock is deprecated, especially if you're
writing new code

Thanks for that hint! How can I replace that? Which is the new "modern" way to use default buttons?
In general: Is there a page of changes and deprecated functions and recommendations for the replacement?

Thanks
 Klaus