Re: Deprecated Gtk::Stock replacement?!

Am 2015-02-03 09:06, schrieb Murray Cumming:
On Mon, 2015-02-02 at 19:07 +0100, Markus Kolb wrote:

[...]

The Gtk::Stock:: stuff had translation "built-in". So do we have to
translate the default system buttons on ourself again.

Yes, I find that really annoying too.

I believe that the logic is that the translation would be very context
dependent anyway. But I don't find that very convincing.

 Or what should be
used?

You can continue to use them, or just assume that they don't exist, I'm
afraid.

Ok. I'm using now the defined char * like "gtk-cancel".
So I can continue to use the -DGTKMM_DISABLE_DEPRECATED switch when compiling.
We'll see if any time the button won't show the translated replacement.

Nevertheless thank you all for the good work you do.

Markus