Re: Gtk::Container::child_set_property()

gtk_methods.defs is generated from gtk+'s source code. A function can be described in gtk_methods.defs, and still not implemented in gtkmm. The step from gtk_methods.defs to a function in gtkmm is not fully automatic. Someone must write some code, for simple cases just a line in an .hg file. The reason for not implementing a gtk+ function in gtkmm differs. In most cases it's because no one has taken the time to do so. (Remember that most of the job here is done by volunteers, who pick tasks they find interesting.)

As Juan just told you, he has very recently implemented child properties in gtkmm, but not by directly wrapping gtk_container_child_set/get_property() to Gtk::Container::child_set/get_property(). Child properties are so new in gtkmm that they have not yet made it into a released version. If you're interested, see some of the latest commits in the git repository.

Kjell