Re: Examples not working

On Fri, 2014-07-04 at 19:59 +0530, Gurjot Singh wrote:
On 4 July 2014 19:42, Kjell Ahlstedt <kjell ahlstedt bredband net> wrote:
The version of the overloaded add_action() method that's used in the example
programs exists in glibmm 2.37.6, but not in 2.37.4. I suspect that
developer.gnome.org/glibmm/2.37 shows one of the latest 2.37.x versions,
either 2.37.7 or 2.37.93.

Gio::ActionMap is a base class of Gio::SimpleActionGroup.
Gio::ActionMap::add_action() is exactly what's used in the example program.

There is an older version of the main_menu program at
https://git.gnome.org/browse/gtkmm-documentation/tree/examples/book/menus/main_menu?h=gtkmm-3-2
It uses some deprecated functions that will disappear some time in the
future.

Ah.. okay.
By default in my Mint 16 I get 2.37.4 version.
So I was wondering whether the application that I am building be made
on this or on the latest gtkmm?
Considering that fact that the users may also need to have latest
version as well to make use of my app.

gtkmm 2.37.* is an unstable development version. gtkmm 3.38.2 is the
stable version of the 2.37/38 development cycle. No stable version of a
Linux distro should have an unstable version of gtkmm. You should
complain about this to the packagers of your Linux distro.

But, anyway, as Marcus Karlsson says, please look at an older version of
the example to see how to use an older version of the API.