Re: Examples not working

On Fri, Jul 04, 2014 at 07:59:34PM +0530, Gurjot Singh wrote:
On 4 July 2014 19:42, Kjell Ahlstedt <kjell ahlstedt bredband net> wrote:
The version of the overloaded add_action() method that's used in the example
programs exists in glibmm 2.37.6, but not in 2.37.4. I suspect that
developer.gnome.org/glibmm/2.37 shows one of the latest 2.37.x versions,
either 2.37.7 or 2.37.93.

Gio::ActionMap is a base class of Gio::SimpleActionGroup.
Gio::ActionMap::add_action() is exactly what's used in the example program.

There is an older version of the main_menu program at
https://git.gnome.org/browse/gtkmm-documentation/tree/examples/book/menus/main_menu?h=gtkmm-3-2
It uses some deprecated functions that will disappear some time in the
future.

Ah.. okay.
By default in my Mint 16 I get 2.37.4 version.

It's a bit odd of them to ship 2.37 given that it's a development
version, and an old development version to be exact.

So I was wondering whether the application that I am building be made
on this or on the latest gtkmm?
Considering that fact that the users may also need to have latest
version as well to make use of my app.

That is correct, users will need the newer version if you decide to use
APIs from it. You can always work around it by bundling a copy of the
particular code in your program, but that can become a maintenance
issue.

                Marcus