Re: auto-generated file 'gtkmm/widget.h' (widget.hg)

On 16/09/2013 14:35, Kjell Ahlstedt wrote:

gmmproc is part of glibmm. I don't know if that's optimal, but it has worked well in most cases. It causes problems here, because you use gtkmm 2. I suppose you're forced to do that because there is still no gtkmm 3 (or gtk+ 3) version that runs on Windows. The maintenance of gtkmm 2 has almost come to an end, while the development of glibmm 2 continues. I think these problems would never have occurred if gtkmm 3 had been accompanied by a new major release of glibmm, glibmm 3. Then the latest release of glimm 2 (including gmmproc) would have been compatible with the latest release of gtkmm 2. No glibmm 3 version has been released, because there is no glib 3 release.

Thanks for the explanation Kjell.  That does clarify the situation somewhat.

After some further experimentation yesterday, your suggestion #3 looks very promising:-

3. Insert the necessary #include directives in the .hg files, as has been done in gtkmm 3.

I discovered that only a few, very small additions to just two .hg files were needed to make this work. I've attached a patch to this email but really, it's very similar to the stuff that's already in gtkmm 3 ('gtk/src/main.hg' is identical, in fact). After applying the patch to my 2.24 branch locally, I can now build the gtk / gtkmm stack again, as well as our app which uses it.

One thing that's of interest is my patch to 'gdk/src/types.hg'. gtkmm 3 has the following #include already added:-

      #include <glibmm/value.h>

whereas I found that I actually need 3 x extra #includes, like so:-

      #include <glibmm/value.h>
      #include <glibmm/arrayhandle.h>
      #include <glibmm/listhandle.h>

If I don't include those extra two lines, gdkmm itself will build okay - but I can't build an external project that uses it. I imagine that the same would be true for gtkmm 3 (i.e. those two extra lines should get added there too).

In due course I suppose I might find a few similar tweaks here and there but everything seems to be building well at the moment - and of course I could always go back to the tarball sources if all else fails.


Attachment: 0001-JOHNE-Add-some-missing-include-headers-to-main.hg-gt.patch
Description: Text document

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]