Re: Complete example code...

On Thu, 2013-10-24 at 15:48 +0200, Glus Xof wrote:
Hi guys,

Since the last menu objects related deprecations, I'm a bit
confused...

There are no deprecations of menu API in the latest stable version, if
you (please) ignore the experiments that happened during the unstable
releases.

Among Gtk::Builder and Gtk::UIManager... Which is the preferred one ?

Ideally, you would not use Gtk::UIManager in new code. But you might
need to. Here are the boring details:
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtkmm-list/2013-October/msg00003.html

We would like to have only one non-deprecated API, but we've done the
best we can with what GTK+ has given us for now.

Is it possible to see a complete example of menu programming...
as, for example, an updated version of the following example code

https://git.gnome.org/browse/gtkmm-documentation/tree/examples/book/menus/main_menu/examplewindow.cc

That example already is the updated one.

Here is the older version of that, using Gtk::UIManager:
https://git.gnome.org/browse/gtkmm-documentation/tree/examples/book/menus/main_menu/examplewindow.cc?id=3.8.0

... or something else (that exits correctly at runtime) ?

If you have an actual bug or problem with some example code, please just
discuss or report that.

www.openismus.com