Re: Gtk::SpinButton crash

On 23/11/2013 10:23, John Emmas wrote:

It would be very interesting if you could apply those patches and see if they change the calling order for you (like they did for me).

Hi Kjell, I've just had a new idea (a variation on the above theme).

When you can find some time, could you apply those two relevant patches to your copy of 2.24 (which I believe is currently unpatched)?  Then rebuild and send me your copies of the following four files:-

        gtk/gtkmm/object.cc
        gtk/gtkmm/window.cc
        gtk/gtkmm/widget.cc
        gtk/gtkmm/widget.h

I can then substitute them in my own gtkmm build.  Obviously if your versions produce any difference in operation, I can then compare them with my local copies and try to figure out what's going on.  That might be the quickest route to understanding what's different.

John