Re: How should I use Gio::APPLICATION_HANDLES_OPEN ?

Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> writes:
There should be no need to use the C API. Gio::Application has a
signal_open().

However, I think it's simpler to derive your own Application class, like
so:
https://git.gnome.org/browse/gtkmm-documentation/tree/examples/book/application/simple/exampleapplication.cc

That then overrides on_open(), which is the default signal handler for
the "open" signal.

I found this hard to understand at first, but it seems that time and
some coffee has helped a lot... I've just managed to get an example
working which subclasses Gtk::Application and implements on_open, and it
works perfectly.

Thank you very much for the help. Now I'm off to properly understand how
things are supposed to work with g_application_activate() and
g_application_open() etc. (And, of course, their C++ bindings)

Rupert