Building gdkmm

While I've been tracking down a gtkmm problem I suddenly noticed something about gdkmm which I'd never realised before....

For building on Windows, gtkmm contains the usual __declspec specifier in the form of GTKMM_API, which gets defined (as appropriate) in gtkmmconfig.h. But AFAICT there's no equivalent specifier for gdkmm (i.e. there's no GDKMM_API). Does that imply that gdkmm should get built as a static library? Or are all its objects derived from gtkmm objects? (it doesn't look as if they are...)

John