From: Juan Rafael García Blanco <juanrgar gmail com>
Date: Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 7:42 AM
Subject: Gobject introspection and *mm
To: gtkmm-list <gtkmm-list gnome org>

Hi,

I've read a little bit about this topic; there are a few public emails
that address why gobject-introspection is not currently being used in
*mm modules. I don't want to reopen this, just clarify my ideas.

What I've read and makes sense for me is that gobject-introspection
adds nothing to gmmproc. The gmmproc system, as its current state,
does more or less what introspection does; i.e. .defs files seem to be
the introspection repo for gmmproc and they are generated
automatically.

I recently started to think how bindings can be generated from
introspection info. I think that would provide me more insight on the
tricks behind signals, properties, ... Is anyone working on this? I
mean automatic wrapper generation based on gobject-introspection.

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards,
Juan.