Re: Is gtkmm deleting stuff it shouldn't be deleting ??

On 05/11/2013 09:31, Murray Cumming wrote:
Does this happen with the official (but old) gtkmm 2.22 (and its dependencies) binaries? https://wiki.gnome.org/gtkmm/MSWindows

Hi Murray,

I can't be precise about that. A week ago I did try going back to version 2.22 but it seemed to be too old for version 3 of our app (I got loads of unresolved symbols at link time). Having said that, 2.22 would definitely work against my simplified test app but there's a huge amount of work involved for me to get back to 2.22 - and even when I get there I can't debug anything effectively. FWIW, version 2 (of our app) uses a much older version of gtkmm (2.6) which I can confirm does NOT exhibit this problem.

After some further digging this morning I discovered that the actual crash seems to occur in GTK+ at line 3605 of gtkwidget.c, namely:-

      g_signal_emit (widget, widget_signals[UNREALIZE], 0);

Does that give you any clue about the possible cause? AFAICT that one statement is the only place where the UNREALIZE signal ever gets emitted. From my observations this morning it DOESN'T appear as if it's getting emitted twice. Therefore perhaps the signal is never getting caught anywhere? Is there some default function that should get called if there's no actual handler? Just clutching at straws here.

John