Re: TextView, TextBuffer and cursor moves

You can use the mark-set signal and in the signal handler check whether
the moved mark is the "insert" mark.

Here is example code:
http://git.0x539.de/?p=infinote.git;a=blob;f=libinftextgtk/inf-text-gtk-buffer.c;h=61c805f66b9d59ae91a4725532fae5b829fdd002;hb=HEAD#l1032

Cheers,
Armin

On Mon, 2013-03-25 at 20:49 +0100, dAgeCKo wrote:
Hello,

I would like to know how to know when the cursor has moved inside a
TextView.

I was looking for an answer to this question but the best thing I could
got is the signal cursor-move (in TextBuffer:
https://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/3.3/GtkTextView.html#GtkTextView-move-cursor)
that one should not use. And anyway, trying to connect this signal
provided me with the error that this signal does not exist.
I also tried the signal_key_pressed (on the TextView), but it does not
capture the arrows.

What I need is a mean to know each time the cursor has been moved (threw
the keyboard or threw the mouse) so that I can display the cursor
location (line+column), and to do other things (analyzing what is under
the cursor).

Anyone has any idea about this ?

Regards,