Re: Unit tests in GStreamermm 1.0

On 07/31/2013 09:44 AM, Murray Cumming wrote:
On Tue, 2013-07-30 at 23:44 +0200, Marcin Kolny wrote:
Hello,
I'm going to write a few unit tests for GStreamermm 1.0. Currently there
are some test applications in repository, but they can't be run
automatically. I've got an idea to plug an unittest framework(e.g.
GTest) to project. What do you think about it?

I suggest starting with a simple "make check" using the regular
autotools system, but I'd be interested to see if GTest could be used
with *mm tests.
I thought about writing custom, simple unittest framework, to avoid a dependency of another project, but maybe it would be wasting time. Finally, I decided to use gtest in gstreamermm project.

I'm thinking also about wrapping GStreamer Check Unit Testing. What is
your opinion of wrapping this module? Maybe it is waste of time?

You probably already know more about that than anyone here.

ok, maybe I will care for it in the future.

Marcin Kolny