Re: Building GStreamermm with GStreamer 1.0

On Mon, 2013-07-22 at 13:46 -0400, José Alburquerque wrote:
Unfortunately, I just don't have time to get a release out.  I have made
some changes in git that allow the plug-in generation and the general
gmmproc generation process to succeed and continue on to the build, but
I've not made the build successful thenceforth.

I did look into having Gst::init() preload the plugins via a flag but
found that it is probably not necessary because I think the problem with
the code that I saw that requires preloading plugins is in using a
dynamic cast instead of a static cast which would be the right cast to
use.  Gst::init() can be modified anyway, but I'm not sure it's worth
it.

I did add the appsrc and appsink plug-ins also, but there is quite some
more to be done to get a release out.

If you'd like, you can still submit patches via bugzilla because there
are other maintainers that can review your patches.  I just wont be able
to because of lack of time.  Maybe you can help in getting a release
out.

If you have questions, there are people on this list (particularly the
other maintainer, Murray) who should be able to answer your questions.
Good luck.

Let's focus on getting it to build. As soon as it builds, it would make
sense to do a first release.

www.openismus.com