Re: Building GStreamermm with GStreamer 1.0

Unfortunately, I just don't have time to get a release out.  I have made
some changes in git that allow the plug-in generation and the general
gmmproc generation process to succeed and continue on to the build, but
I've not made the build successful thenceforth.

I did look into having Gst::init() preload the plugins via a flag but
found that it is probably not necessary because I think the problem with
the code that I saw that requires preloading plugins is in using a
dynamic cast instead of a static cast which would be the right cast to
use.  Gst::init() can be modified anyway, but I'm not sure it's worth
it.

I did add the appsrc and appsink plug-ins also, but there is quite some
more to be done to get a release out.

If you'd like, you can still submit patches via bugzilla because there
are other maintainers that can review your patches.  I just wont be able
to because of lack of time.  Maybe you can help in getting a release
out.

If you have questions, there are people on this list (particularly the
other maintainer, Murray) who should be able to answer your questions.
Good luck.

--
José