Re: ‘ERROR’ was not declared in this scope

On Di, 2013-12-03 at 16:30 +0100, Paul Eggert wrote:
Please try to be nicer.

Sorry my "rage" came across as actually being upset. See, this is why I
put that smiley at the end. I really enjoy working with GTKmm and can
barely grasp how much effort was put into it and GTK+ as well. Seriously.

That is not wise for you to do, or for MS Windows to do. You should
try to prefix your API with a namespace name to avoid such problem.

Well, my application is basically just that, an application and not an
API for anyone to interface with. But the turds at MS who defined ERROR
should know better (they get paid for that, at least). I used a macro
ERROR (which, afaik can't be scoped) to report issues happening in a
specific function and line. Adding a prefix MYPROG_ERROR() would only
lengthen the source and I already have increased my column width to 100
(so sad I didn't manage 80) I want to spell out identifiers
("self-documenting source code") but also would like to keep their names
at a reasonable length.

You have proved to yourself that this is not a good idea even in your
own application code. This is not a gtkmm problem.

www.openismus.com