Re: ‘ERROR’ was not declared in this scope

On Mon, 2013-12-02 at 15:20 +0100, Paul Eggert wrote:
/usr/include/gdkmm-3.0/gdkmm/types.h|35|error: ‘ERROR’ was not
declared in this scope|

You declared a macro named ERROR.

No, we didn't. That file works around MS Windows declaring a macro named
ERROR, which interferes, for instance, with our enum values named ERROR.

 Any user could do that. You must not do that.
Why...?

You MUST NOT DO THAT! ;-)

Please try to be nicer.

 (I wanted to do that... :'-( )
[snip]

That is not wise for you to do, or for MS Windows to do. You should try
to prefix your API with a namespace name to avoid such problems.

www.openismus.com