Re: Conflict between windows.h and giomm/dbusmessage.h (2)

On 15/08/2013 10:20, John Emmas wrote:

I discovered this problem while building with VC++8. Maybe someone can confirm if it also affects later versions of MSVC?

        #include <windows.h>
#include <giomm.h> // ( or alternatively, #include <giomm/dbusmessage.h> )

Creating a source file with just those 2 lines gives me the following compiler error:-

        dbusmessage.h(353) : error C2332 'struct' : missing tag name

Line 353 of 'dbusmessage.h' looks like this:-

static Glib::RefPtr<Message> create_signal(const Glib::ustring& path, const Glib::ustring& interface, const Glib::ustring& signal);

I think it's the use of the name "interface" that's causing the conflict. In my VC IDE, the word "interface" gets printed in blue which usually indicates that it's a reserved word.

Sorry to bump this but is anyone looking into it? A few minutes ago I discovered that even the following 2 lines will fail if compiled in Debug mode:-

        #define  _CRTDBG_MAP_ALLOC
        #include <gtkmm.h>

It's becoming near impossible to build glibmm and gtkmm using MSVC any more. I honestly think someone should be assigned to investigate these problems before too many of them creep in... :-(

John