RE: Where is gtkmm.h (or am I going mad)?

Quoth Alan Mazer
A few months ago, or maybe a little past that, I had an application
coded using gtmkk for RHEL 6.  I just went back to it now and can't get
it to compile.  Somehow gtkmm.h seems to have disappeared from my
system.  More to the point, I can't figure out how to get it back.  I've
got binaries but no includes.  Yum says that there's nothing available
except gtkmm24.x86_64 and says that I already have the latest version of
THAT.  I found an rpm somewhere and tried to install that and just got
an error.  Am I going mad?  How do I get my gtkmm stuff working again on
RHEL 6???

As a general rule, you need to install the -dev or -devel packages in order
to get header files and other files required to build software that uses the
library.  The packages without the suffix are just the runtimes for prebuilt
binaries.