StatusIcon disappears

Hi all,

I´am working on a little project using gtkmm 3. The Gtk part
consists of a Gtk::Window with a reference to a Gtk::Statusicon.
All works perfectly on startup of the Window. But when I change the
statusicon
image depending on the programm-progress by
sigc signals, it suddenly disappears after some changes.
It is still there and useable, but image and also popup menu is hidden.
Did someone ever had the same issue or do you see the point?

regards
Erik