switching to Visual Studio 10

My application compiles perfectly using MinGW, but when I try compiling it
using Visual Studio 10 I get this run time exception.
Conversion from charter set 'WCHAR_T' to 'UTF-8' is not supported
This is caused by this line:
Glib::ustring apstr;
apstr.append("SELECT n_id FROM ");

How can I handle this problem? Does gtkmm-2.4 has a mechanism for it?

This e-mail is for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain
confidential or privileged information. Unauthorized use of its contents is
prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify sender
immediately via return e-mail and then delete the original e-mail.
Genius might have limitations, but stupidity is no handicap