Re: panning in scrolledWindow/viewport

On 10/09/2012 09:50 AM, Ian Martin wrote:
On 08/10/12 00:04, Kees Kling wrote:
Hi all,

I'm working on a project to display images. These images are loaded in a Gtk::DrawingArea. Most of the time these images are too big, so I want to pan these images with the mouse. I tried a viewport and a scrolled window to pack this drawingarea and do the panning in a motion_notify_event by changing the values of the gtk::adjustment object. It is working, but terrible slow. It must be possible to do this faster, because when I load these images in the "Gimp" I can do this type of panning in a rather smooth way.

So my questions are

Must I use a viewport or scrolledwindow object?

Is it correct to pan by changing the adjustment objects or is there a better ( faster ) way?

Thanks

Kees Kling